Tuesday, November 15, 2011

ELF Haul and Mini Reviews

Studio Daily Brush Cleaner- $3.00 
I really like this cleaner, it's in a spray bottle so it's a lot less messy than other cleaners. It takes quite a while to get all the product off, but I believe you're getting what you pay for. I'm tight, so I will be repurchasing this. The scent is pretty strong, which might not be tolerable for some people.



Studio Makeup Mist and Set Spray- $3.00
I love this stuff.  The smell is TERRIBLE and rotten within the first 5 seconds, but after that it goes away. While I don't have much experience with setting sprays, at first, I honestly couldn't tell whether or not this worked because my foundation is formulated to last all day. So I tested it on my wrist and it surprisingly held up pretty well.

This is a black shimmery eyeshadow I applied on my wrist with a sponge around 2:30 PM. The one on the left was sprayed, and the one on the right wasn't. (I covered it with a paper towel)



This was taken at 6:00 PM. Between 2:30 and 6:00 I did do some dishes, cooked dinner, and I snuggled in bed and watched TV with the hubby. As you can see, the one on the right is quite faded compared to the sprayed one on the left.



Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer- $6.00

This stuff is surprisngly AWESOME. It's a lot like the Smashbox primer because it's silicone based, so it really creates a smoother base for the foundation. If you have pores, wrinkles, and dry skin, this product will be your new b.f.f.


Natural Radiance Blusher (Glow)-$1.00

The packing for this blush is really annoying and cheap. The lid slides up and it's really hard to open the first time. It's also a lot smaller than what I thought it was going to be, it's about the size of an eyeshadow pan. However, it's incredibly pigmented, a little on the powdery side, but it's still really beautiful warm peach with a golden glow.

Studio Translucent Matifying Powder- $3.00
I really like this product. The packaging is sleek and sturdy, the mirror is quite large and perfect to throw in the purse. I'm not a huge fan of the sponge because it picks up too much product, but it's good to take with you on the go since it fits inside the compact. In the morning I prefer to use a small powder puff with it. I might re-purchase this.


 Mineral Mineral Lipstick (Natural Nymph) - $5.00
This is a pretty good matte lipstick but was it worth the $5? Nope. It doesn't have much coverage and it fades too quickly. I'll be sticking to my NYX lipsticks.


Studio Eyebrow Kit (Medium, Ash)- $3.00
Best 3 dollars I've ever spent, seriously! The wax in these kits are amazing! The powders are extremely soft, but really powdery. They work great though. The brush isn't too bad either, it's great if you're on-the-go. You have to apply the wax first, and put the powder over top. The wax helps the powder actually stick to the hairs making them appear thicker, rather than just shading the skin underneath and I can honestly say I have never used a product that has made them look as natural as this. Taupe will be awesome for blondes, and Medium is great for medium-dark brown hair, it has a reddish undertone though so it may not work for everyone.


Cream Eyeliner (Midnight, Coffee)- $3.00
These liners are OK. Midnight was really dry and doesn't come off as intense as it looks in the jar. However, Coffee was quite creamy and wasn't too reddish like most brown liners I've tried. I've had it for almost 2 months and it still isn't drying out! I went back a few weeks ago to pick up Midnight and I was really disappointed. They aren't as creamy as Loreal's HIP but they don't dry out as fast either. I will probably be re-purchasing Coffee.


Little Black Beauty Book (Cool Collection)-$5.00

This was one of the first products I purchased from ELF, and I'm glad I didn't let this one ruin for me. The packaging is cheap, every eyeshadow is chalky or powdery, and the color payoff just sucks. The lipglosses are mostly sheer and sticky. I regret buying this, it's not even worth swatching, and I will never buy another ELF eyeshadow or palette again.


Studio Angled Eyeliner Brush- $3.00
I'm not sure how I feel about this brush yet, the bristles are very stiff and it kinda hurts my eyelids, it's not like the other ones I've tried.


Studio Blush Brush- $3.00

This works pretty well, it's just your standard blush brush, no shedding, it's packaged well, no complaints.


Studio Small Angled Brush- $3.00
I was really diasappointed in this one. All of their Studio line brushes are really sturdy and are of pretty good quality but sorry, ELF. This one is sucky, the hairs are too soft and they separate.

Essential Eyeshadow Brush- $1.00


The packing is SO cheap for the brushes in the Essential line. As soon as I took this out of the plastic, I dropped it on my kitchen floor and it fell apart. I'm not too picky about shader brushes, so it didn't bother me. It works well, I'll just have to superglue it back together.

Essential Blushing, Bronzing, and Blending Brush- $3.00
I'm on the fence about this brush. It lacks the density and thickness that I look for in an angled blush brush. It applies straightly and precise, but it doesn't blend at all.


~Swatches~






5 comments:

Darling said...

Thanks for reviewing the Studio Makeup Mist and Set Spray! I just ordered some today & was really curious. :)

Lysette Whitt said...

Woot, it's awesome if you can ignore the weird smell lol

Coach Factory said...

polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci handbags, polo ralph lauren, prada handbags, kate spade handbags, christian louboutin shoes, prada outlet, coach purses, oakley sunglasses, ray ban outlet, michael kors outlet store, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton handbags, oakley vault, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, red bottom shoes, true religion, coach outlet, christian louboutin outlet, coach outlet store online, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, longchamp outlet online, chanel handbags, tiffany and co jewelry, kate spade outlet online, cheap oakley sunglasses, nike air max, burberry outlet online, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, nike shoes, louboutin shoes, michael kors outlet online, nike free, tory burch outlet, coach outlet, burberry outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet

Coach Factory said...

hollister, longchamp, mulberry, longchamp pas cher, nike free, scarpe hogan, guess pas cher, hollister, oakley pas cher, burberry pas cher, timberland, air max pas cher, hermes pas cher, air jordan, nike air max, michael kors uk, abercrombie and fitch, sac vanessa bruno, nike roshe run, nike free pas cher, north face, sac michael kors, nike trainers, chaussure louboutin, true religion outlet, ray ban uk, louis vuitton, converse pas cher, louis vuitton uk, ralph lauren, nike air max, new balance pas cher, michael kors canada, lacoste pas cher, sac louis vuitton, true religion outlet, air max, nike blazer pas cher, nike air force, louis vuitton pas cher, tn pas cher, longchamp, nike huarache, barbour, ralph lauren pas cher, lululemon, ray ban pas cher, vans pas cher, north face pas cher, nike roshe

Coach Factory said...

ugg soldes, canada goose outlet, mcm handbags, moncler outlet, valentino shoes, ugg boots, marc jacobs outlet, soccer jerseys, nfl jerseys, herve leger, ugg outlet, chi flat iron, moncler, mont blanc pens, birkin bag, canada goose pas cher, canada goose outlet, north face outlet, moncler, insanity workout, bottega veneta, ferragamo shoes, vans outlet, mac cosmetics, north face jackets, soccer shoes, lululemon outlet, ghd, babyliss pro, beats headphones, jimmy choo shoes, canada goose uk, uggs outlet, canada goose outlet, hollister, moncler, p90x workout, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose, uggs on sale, abercrombie and fitch, wedding dresses, celine handbags, ugg, new balance outlet, asics shoes, roshe run, rolex watches, reebok outlet, instyler ionic styler

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review