Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Helllooooo

Wow, I haven't had a blogging site since Xanga and that was 1922 so please, bear with me...lol. My love for makeup started at a very, very early age because of my mother being a beautician as well as working for Avon. Every day after work, she would go get a little basket of makeup ready, sit and fall asleep in her recliner as my brother and I sat in her lap with all of these wonderful tools to make an art out of her face with...and arms...and legs! lol Of course she'd wake up and find that she looked like a cracked-out slut clown, but it all blossomed from that point on, I suppose. Unfortunately, I don't have much experience with makeup application on anyone elses face but my own, (my husband is a poor sport) but I have learned much from my mother, books, magazines and other makeup artists. So, the intent of this blog is to share our knowledge, break the myths, throw in some humor, and maybe-hopefully-possibly help someone in the process...and always remember that there's nothing wrong with having outer beauty to reflect our inner beauty.


Like the amazing Kevin Aucion said, there are no 'rules' to makeup just as there are none to art. You may follow these ideas, guidelines and suggestions but regardless, it will be your creation and your art, you may do what you wish with them and to hell with those who can't appreciate beauty in all its forms. Secondly, a goal of mine with this blog is to bring women to realize that they don't need to spend more than $50 on a makeup palette or more than $10 on a makeup brush. In the reality of it all, the only people that blow tons of money on expensive makeup are makeup artists. They get paid to apply makeup, so of course they will want to try all the latest and greatest products out there. Also keep in mind that some of them work at makeup counters like Sephora or Ulta and a lot of their products are discounted or sent to them for free. There are some high end products that are worth every penny, but there are also lower end ones that are just as good, if not better. No one said you absolutely have to buy Urban Decay, Smashbox, Bobbi Brown, ect. So with that being said, I hope that with reviews, you can easily sift through the good and bad of all products, inexpensive or not. :)

~"Makeup is deception. Makeup is intellectual. Makeup is probably one of my favorite things in it's ability to communicate all the archetypes of a woman. Makeup is a grand luxury, not an imperative..."- Courtney Love

0 comments:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | ewa network review